27th February 1950 - 'The Picture House' becomes 'The Odeon'

On the 27th February 1950 ‘The Picture House’ became ‘The Odeon’[1].

This wasn’t the current Odeon in the New Canal - it was the old Odeon in Fisherton Street, which is now Salisbury City Hall.

Footnotes

[1] The History of Salisbury City Hall, volume 1 : The Cinema Years

Last Post Next Post