This is a view of Salisbury Cathedral cloisters. The cloisters were supposed to have been one of the locations used in the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
The word ‘cloister’ sometimes has slightly negative connotations. A ‘cloistered upbringing’ implies the person had been brought up without enough contact with the outside world.
I think though that ‘cloisters’ are a great idea.
A couple of years ago I did a training course in which the trainers said that it was difficult to find a time and space to think while you’re at work. Cloister seem ideal for this – you can go for a walk without getting wet and you would have a chance to mull things over.
Every workplace where people need to think should have cloisters!
More Old Photos of Salisbury
- Salisbury in old photos – Silver Street 1955
- Salisbury in old photos – Salisbury from Harnham – 1887 and 1906
- Salisbury in old photos – Fisherton Street 1955
- Salisbury in old photos – New Canal, 1906
- Salisbury in old photos – Queen Street, 1950
- Salisbury in old photos – Stonehenge 1928
- Salisbury in old photos – Fish Row, Salisbury, 1950
- Salisbury in old photos – Salisbury in the snow