According to various sources, the team making the second ‘Thor’ film have been filming at Stonehenge.
The Comic Book Movie website, which seems to be the source of the other reports:
It is unclear whether the ancient monument will only feature in earthbound scenes of Thor: The Dark World, or if it’s doubling for one of the Nine realms the sequel will explore.
This incarnation of ‘Thor’ was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby for Marvel comics in the early 1960s.
The story of Marvel’s Thor was filmed by Kenneth Branagh in 2011, and the sequel currently being filmed at Stonehenge is due to be released in cinemas in 2013
I hope they are prepared for poor weather, because at the time of writing, it’s tipping down!
Image from Amazon
- It’s been reported on websites including:
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD To Film At Stonehenge | | Unleash The FanboyUnleash The Fanboy.
- Film being shot at Stonehenge (From Salisbury Journal)
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD Gearing Up For Filming At the Stonehenge Monument
- Stan Lee and Jack Kirby I think created Spiderman and Batman respectively [↩]